- Check and/or clean air conditioners and room fans.
- Test for a leaking toilet by adding a couple drops of red food coloring to the tank. If the water inside the bowl turns red, there is a leak.
- Remove lint from the dryer to prevent fires resulting from a clogged exhaust.
- Refrigerator doors should be sealed tight. To make sure, place a piece of paper at the door and close it. If the paper is easily pulled out, the rubber lining gasket needs replacement.
- Replace the batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors at least twice a year.
Brought to you by First American Title